Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wheww What A Weekend

Well it has happened.... on my way home Friday I got a call from Greg who said that daycare called saying Sam had a fever of 101. I was almost there but of course I speed up to get there as fast as I could. I get there and Amy (one of her daycare teachers) was holding her and she looked so sad and once she saw me she gave me the most pitiful little smile. I of course tried to get in touch with my Dr as soon as possible. Greg happened to already be at home and had contacted them and when we got home he had me talk to them to tell them what all she had been experiencing. I told them of course of the cold we have been trying to get rid of for the last 2 weeks. They were closed at the time I was talking to them so they sent us to Children's on Acton After Hour Care.

These were some of the nicest people. We didn't have to wait long and Sam was such a trooper. Never once did she whine or cry with anything that they did. They had us do x-rays once they checked her ears and her throat and stated that they looked good. The x-ray technician was so sweet and easy to talk to. Sam corporated in anything that we forced her to do (lay still on the x-ray table). The dr then informed us that her chest x-rays looked good and sent us home with instructions to give her Tylenol and contact our dr if it worsened. Fortunately her temperature broke around midnight and we haven't seen it since. My friend Kristi said that sometimes they have a temperature and its here one minute and gone the next.
I have been taking her temp none stop all weekend and wondering what I should or could do to help her. Sam seems to be getting over it well though she has slept more than normal and not eating her normal bottle she is seeming to do better each day.

Below is a picture of my sweet little pitiful angel trying to hide from her crazy momma with the camera - I know her thoughts are " I don't feel good and you want to take a picture to remember it by?" Poor baby!!!




Also on Sunday I heard my first real laugh!!! On Sunday she had spit up some of her bottle and had gotten it not only on herself but on Greg... As he was changing shirts and I was changing her, she was talking away like she normally does. I asked her if she had spit up on her daddy and she of course responded back in her sweet little baby talk. I asked then was it funny and that is when I heard it... The sweet music of her laugh. I couldn't help but smile and laugh with her. Later that day she was with my mom at her house while me and Greg were running errands and she laughed for my mom as well.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH this baby is so beautiful! Look at her!! Story of our lives "treat with tylenol..."

    ReplyDelete